You need to get more Facebook likes and followers if you want your Facebook business Page to be successful. You’ve just set up a Facebook Business Page and created some Facebook posts, it’s time to increase the power of your social proof. In this article, we’ll share with you different options to get more Facebook likes and followers to social proof your brand.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Likes and Followers
Before we get more Facebook likes and followers, let’s talk about likes and followers on Facebook. The number of followers indicates the number of people who may see your Facebook Business Page’s updates and posts in their News Feed. If people like your Page but choose to unfollow your Page, they don’t see your Facebook posts in their News Feed.
Promote on Facebook
To get more Facebook likes and followers, you’ll need to promote your Business Page on Facebook. First, make sure you have an eye-catching “About” section with keyword-optimized description, business offers, and a link to your website. Here are some tips.
- Share your Business Page with people you’re already connected to on Facebook. Don’t be spammy though.
- Invite your colleagues to like your Business Page and encourage them to share it with their Facebook friends.
- Post helpful, entertaining, and viral content consistently and at the right time.
- Respond to Facebook messages quickly and interact with comments on your Facebook posts.
- Run a Facebook contest where one of the entry requirements is to like one of your Facebook posts.
- Like or comment on posts of other brands in your niche but not competitors. Tag them in relevant posts. They may then share your post with their audience.
- Join Facebook Groups to find people who are interested in anything related to your niche.
Be helpful by offering suggestions and solutions rather than promotional.
- Use Facebook Live regularly for general niche tips or product updates to get more Facebook likes and followers.
Promote on Your Website
One of the great ways to get more Facebook likes and followers is to promote it on your website. below are some tips.
- Add Facebook follow buttons to make it easy for your audience to connect with you on Facebook.
- Use Facebook’s Page plugin to embed and promote your Facebook Business Page on your website. Your visitors can like and share your Page without leaving your site.
- Show a Facebook likes pop-up after a user has visited three pages, after 30 seconds, or when a visitor is about to leave your site. Use only one pop-up or it’ll be too annoying.
Promote to Your Customers
You can get more Facebook likes and followers by promoting it to your customers. Here are some suggestions.
- Place your Facebook Business Page’s name wherever you operate
- Add a URL link to your Facebook Business Page in your and your colleagues’ email signatures, newsletters, invoices, product updates, customer service messages, etc.
- Offer customers a discount coupon if they like your Facebook Business page.
Promote on Other Social Channels
Sharing your Facebook Business Page from your other social channels is another option to get more Facebook likes and followers but you do it sparingly.
Never Buy Likes and Followers
Those who sell Facebook likes and followers use click farms, and fake and compromised accounts to get more Facebook likes and followers for your Facebook Business Page. Those “users” who have liked your page will never engage with your Facebook content. Your page’s low engagement rate versus its huge number of likes and followers as picked up by Facebook algorithm could prevent your content from being seen in anyone’s News Feed. Facebook may even take down your Facebook Page.
Now you have the tips on how to get more Facebook likes and followers. All these followers can translate into huge growth opportunities for your brand.
Next week, we’ll continue with our Facebook Marketing series by sharing with you how to create a Facebook Marketing strategy.