Adding a music player to a website is something every musician should do. It is imperative to have a music player that allows you to quickly upload and publish music to your website. You can easily add music to your website by using a WordPress website because WordPress gives you multiple options including WordPress music player plugins. Today, we’d like to share with you all the available options to add a music player to a website.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
WordPress Audio Block
The fastest though not the fanciest way is to embed a music track right into a page on your WordPress website by using an audio block. It is one of the WordPress built-in blocks to upload and publish music on a WordPress website. You can set your music to play automatically when someone visits the page, and even to repeat after it is finished.
The Spotify Embed block lets you embed any Spotify tracks, podcasts, playlists, and albums into your webpages without a Spotify account. Spotify registered users account can listen to the entire tracks while guests enjoy a 30-second long music preview. The SoundCloud Embed block lets you do the same but your music tracks need to be public. Mixcloud Embed and ReverbNation Embed blocks are also available.
Besides, you may embed your YouTube music videos if any into your webpages using the YouTube Embed block. Your visitors can stay on your website to watch your music videos. You don’t need a YouTube account to embed a video.
Music Player Plugins
There are a quite a few WordPress music player plugins on the market. Some are free and some requires a fee. Being mobile-friendly responsive, they allow you to upload your music tracks quickly, create unlimited playlists and tracks, customize the look and feel like size, color, font, etc., and track the analytics. They also allow autoplay. Here are a few.
- AudioIgniter Music Player has both free and paid versions. The paid version allows you to bulk upload, rearrange tracks, skip tracks, add lyrics per track, and do a lot more.
- Cue Playlist Management is free whereas Cue Pro is a paid WordPress music player plugin.
- ZoomSounds – WordPress Wave Audio Player with Playlist is a paid plugin.
- Fullwidth Audio Player is a paid WordPress music player plugin.
- WavePlayer – Waveform Audio Player for WordPress and WooCommerce is a paid WordPress music player plugin.
- tPlayer – Audio Player for WordPress is a paid WordPress music player plugin.
- CP Media Player – Audio Player and Video Player offers both free and paid versions.
- Music Player for WooCommerce is a free WordPress music player plugin.
- Compact WP Audio Player is a free WordPress music player plugin with only basic features. You can’t create albums.
We have summed up the ways to add a music player to a website.
First, you may embed a music track directly to your webpage either using a plugin or the built-it audio block. Both requires you to upload your music tracks to your server. The downside is you will need sufficient web hosting storage and bandwidth. The benefit of using a WordPress music player plugin is more control over how your music player user interface looks on your website.
Secondly, you may embed your music tracks which have been uploaded to music websites like Spotify, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, and ReverbNation to your webpages using built-in Embed blocks. This way, you don’t need to worry about your web hosting storage and bandwidth. Besides, you will get more streams.
With so many options available, the best way to add a music player to a website depends on your needs.