Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Why I Need a Professional Accounting Website or Financial Website?
First, a professional accounting website or financial website allows your potential clients to find you more easily. Even when they already know about you through referral because it is likely that they will Google you in advance.
Secondly, a professional accounting website or financial website with the right content can keep your site at the top of search results pages i.e. higher SEO ranking on search engines like Google.
Thirdly, a professional accounting website or financial website allows you to build credibility, corporate image, and brand awareness.
Additionally, you can share your website blog posts on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. This can funnel your social media visitors and followers back to your website.
Lastly, a professional accounting website or financial website can tell your audience a lot of information about your service. It can educate, qualify, and convert leads into clients.
What Options Are Available?
Deciding which content management system (CMS) to use to create a professional accounting website or financial website is the very first and yet the most critical step. However, there are tons of options available. Below is a summary of the most popular CMS you may use to create a professional accounting website or financial website.
- Hosted platforms like Wix, Weebly, Squarespace and WordPress.com where you can find or accounting and financial website templates
- Self-hosted platforms like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal
A WordPress website has the following main features.
- Publish with Ease
- Publishing Tools
- User Management
- Media Management
- Built-in Comments
- Fully Customizable
- Browser Compatibility
- Multilingual Blogs
- Own Your Data
What Should A Professional Accounting Website Have?
First, you should also ensure the following in your professional accounting website.
- Good UI/UX in terms of design, colors, fonts, and navigation
- Short and concise calls-to-action that stand out with short but compelling words
- Website performance optimization
- Mobile-friendly responsive design
- HTTPS secure
Secondly, a professional accounting website typically includes the following pages.
- Strong mission statement that conveys you understand your clients’ pain points of complicated and confusing accounting and tax laws and regulations as well as tedious paperwork
- Strong call-to-action buttons
- Social media icons
- Write your unique personality and brand image with compelling words that set you apart from others
- Use images and videos of your management and accountants working in the office, having a meeting, attending or speaking at a conference, etc.
- Accountant bios including experiences with professional quality photos
- Highlight your specialties and expertise to build a niche clientele to distinguish your business
- Each niche service has its own landing page for SEO purposes
- Client testimonials as a trust signal
- Shares content that addresses questions of your clients in layman’s term to gain trust and improve SEO
- Contact information
- A simple contact form that people can use to ask a question or request an appointment
- Social media icons
Content Marketing & Local SEO
Lastly, you can use content to market your service. They include videos, podcasts, whitepapers, case studies, eBooks, webinars, guides, and checklists.
You focus on local SEO for your city, county, and surrounding areas because people search for tax, accounting or financial professionals who are in proximity.
Conclusion – The Best Solution?
Which is the best solution to create a professional accounting website or financial website? If you are just starting up with zero budget and you have plenty of free time, you may try DIY hosted solutions like Wix.
If you want to get professional and stand out from your competition, you should consider WordPress which allows you to scale up your SEO-friendly website project with loads of customizations and add-on features.