Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
If you’re thinking about creating a professional architecture website to showcase your portfolio, here are some takeaways.
Professional portfolio websites with stunning UX/UI design can be particularly important for architects to showcase your design talents, build your brand, and draw the attention of your audience while keeping your best work well-organized and displayed for everybody to see.
What a Professional Architecture Website Can Do?
First, a professional architecture website allows your potential customers to find you more easily. Even when they already know about you through referral because it is likely that they will Google you in advance.
Secondly, you can showcase your very best works on your website.
Thirdly, a professional website with the right content can keep your site at the top of search results pages i.e. higher SEO ranking on search engines like Google.
Fourthly, it allows you to build credibility, corporate image, and brand awareness.
Additionally, you can share your posts on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. This can funnel your social media visitors and followers back to your website.
Lastly, it can tell your audience a lot of information about your work and service. It can educate, qualify, and convert leads into clients.
Deciding which content management system (CMS) to use to create a professional architecture website is the very first and yet the most critical step. However, there are tons of options available. Below is a summary of the most popular CMS you may use to create a professional architecture website.
- Hosted platforms like Wix, Weebly, Squarespace and WordPress.com where you can find professional architecture website templates
- Self-hosted platforms like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal
A WordPress website has the following main features.
- Publish with Ease
- Publishing Tools
- User Management
- Media Management
- Built-in Comments
- Fully Customizable
- Browser Compatibility
- Multilingual Blogs
- Own Your Data
What Should a Professional Architecture Website Have?
First, to serve the aforesaid purposes, a professional architecture website should include the following pages.
- A slider of high-quality project images
- A call-to-action button to book your service
- Design concept overview
- Social media icons
- Write your brand story, design concept and business values that set you apart from others by conveying your personality
- Architects / Designers
- Their experiences and works
- Portfolio / Projects
- Describe each project in detail, sharing your insights, profile and clientele, and visualizing your projects in image gallery
- Showcase your complete, current, and future projects
- Client testimonials
- Link them with your social media channels
Secondly, you may consider using content on your architecture portfolio website to market your service. They include blog posts, videos, podcasts, whitepapers, case studies, eBooks, webinars, guides, checklists, and quizzes.
Last but not least, you should also ensure the following in your website.
- Good UI/UX in terms of design, colors, fonts, and navigation
- Short and concise calls-to-action that stand out with compelling words
- Professional images
- Website performance optimization
- Mobile-friendly responsive design
- HTTPS secure
Which is the best solution to create a professional architecture website? If you are just starting up with zero marketing budget, you may try DIY hosted solutions like Wix.
If you are serious about your business, you may want to scale up your website with customizations and add-on features using WordPress. This makes search engine marketing, social media marketing, and content marketing a lot easier later.