Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
What a Professional Film Industry Website Can Do?
First, a professional film industry website allows your potential viewers to find your films more easily.
Secondly, you can showcase your works on your website as a new director.
Thirdly, a professional website with the right content can keep your site at the top of search results pages i.e. higher SEO ranking on search engines like Google.
Fourthly, a professional website allows you to build credibility and brand awareness.
Additionally, you can share your posts on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. This can funnel your social media visitors and followers back to your website.
Lastly, a professional film industry website can tell your audience a lot of information about your work. It can educate your viewers who will spread the word.
Deciding which content management system (CMS) to use to create a your website is the very first and yet the most critical step. However, there are tons of options available. Below is a summary of the most popular CMS you may use to create a professional website.
- Hosted platforms like Wix, Weebly, Squarespace and WordPress.com where you can find film industry website templates
- Self-hosted platforms like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal
A WordPress website has the following main features.
- Publish with Ease
- Publishing Tools
- User Management
- Media Management
- Built-in Comments
- Fully Customizable
- Browser Compatibility
- Multilingual Blogs
- Own Your Data
What Should A Professional Film Industry Website Have?
First, you should also ensure the following in your professional film industry website.
- Good UI/UX in terms of design, colors, fonts, and navigation
- Short and concise calls-to-action that stand out with compelling words
- Professional images and videos including trailers
- Website performance optimization
- Mobile-friendly responsive design
- HTTPS secure
Secondly, to serve the aforesaid purposes, a professional film industry website should include the following pages.
- A good trailer with a short synopsis
- Strong call-to-action buttons for a preview, etc.
- Best professional images from films and festivals
- Social media icons
- Write your story and unique style that set you apart from others
- Film director’s biography and filmography
- The entire cast and crew list with a short bio of each actor
- Film duration and the genre
- A synopsis short enough to arouse curiosity to see the films
- Showcase your complete, current, and future films
- Awards and Laurels
- You as a director and your film awards, festival laurels, and accreditations
- News on festivals and trips, film distribution, filming, and postproduction
- Press kit
- Film critics and reviews
- Link them with your social media channels
- Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Vimeo, and Youtube links your visitors can follow for more updates
- FilmFreeway account
Which is the best solution to create a professional film industry website? If you are just starting up with zero marketing budget, you may try DIY hosted solutions like Wix.
If you are serious about your film industry business, you should consider WordPress which allows you to scale up your website project with loads of customizations and add-on features. This also makes search engine marketing, social media marketing, and content marketing a lot easier later.