How effective is your YouTube marketing strategy currently? With over 2 billion logged-in users each month on YouTube, on the one hand, it presents you with a lot of opportunities. On the other, there’s a ton of competition on the world’s second-most popular website in terms of Alexa traffic rank.
Over 70% of YouTube watch time comes from mobile devices. With this flood of consumer attention, you need to create an eye-catching YouTube channel and post quality content regularly to get the attention of your consumer audience. Fortunately, we’ve put together a killer YouTube marketing strategy for you.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
If you haven’t already done so, you should manage your YouTube channel through a Brand Account instead of a regular Google account for branding purposes. A Brand Account not only allows multiple authorized users to log in but also allows you to create multiple channels.
Manage your channel branding by following the YouTube marketing strategy branding tips below.
- Choose a channel name that is consistent with your branding.
- Write an SEO-optimized channel description with relevant keywords. It explains what type of video content your YouTube channel is sharing.
- Use your company or brand logo as your YouTube channel profile picture.
- Design a stunning banner image.
- Make a channel trailer within 60 seconds showing visitors what your YouTube channel is about and what they can get from your videos. Don’t forget to ask them to subscribe.
- Get a custom channel URL.
- Add site links to your website and other social channels on your banner image on your channel homepage.
- Add contact info to your channel to let your audience get in touch with you for business inquiries using Business Inquiry Emails.
Posting high quality video content regularly is the best YouTube marketing strategy to grow your fan base. Stick to a strict publishing schedule. Post your YouTube videos on your other social channels for those who haven’t subscribed to your YouTube channel.
To reach more potential viewers, you should ideally post at least twice a day from 5pm to 9pm. If you can’t post videos every day, consider posting your YouTube videos on weekends from Friday through Sunday.
To Be Continued
Next week, we’ll continue our YouTube marketing strategy series to grow your YouTube channel fan base.